A Day With Murphy
(Note: The following took place July of last year)
This morning the cold bit me awake, and I mean it bit hard! You see, I was sleeping in a tent, and covered
only by a mere two blankets. Well, I tried hiding from the cold for about an hour by hiding beneath my
scant defense. The cold won.
So up I got.
Rushing, rushing. Combing hair. Trying not to wear my coffee. Grabbing things together...must be ready
in 20 minutes!
How is it that when we hurry, the only thing we forget is that which we need most? I think Murphy must
have something to do with it. . .
Rushing, rushing. Time to go . . .NOW!
OK, OK, relax will ya?!
"Yes, I have my driving permit here, some place (muttered under my breath). . .yes; I'm all ready to go. "
Good.
7 hours later. . .
.. .find me in a less harried state of mind. A few hours of computer, a perhaps a bit of reading have
occupied my time.
But now it is time to get ready to go to Today's Great Event—my driving lesson.
A sedate me contemplates the long journey to the next room, to gather my things for the Great Event.
"Ah me, I guess I'd better get my permit in my purse, it's a long dozen steps to get it, but it must be done
sometime."
"Sigh."
A reluctant me makes the pilgrimage.
Suddenly, my serene thoughts are shattered.
Clothes, books, make-up find themselves at my mercy, and indeed, I have none.
"WHERE IS MY PURSE????!!!!"
"Arrg!"
"Wait a second, calm down; think clearly now, where might it have got too? There's no sense in loosing
you cool. Now rationalize a bit here: very rare are the cases of walking purses, and the dogs would have
torn up any thieves that may have intruded the house. "
The little light bulb in my head flashed on for a brief moment.
"Hey! Maybe I left it someplace!"
"Ok, OK, ah, let me think here, where might that be? "
"Hmm. . ."
"Oh, maybe Dad's truck! "
So I call him. It wasn't there.
"AHHHHHHHH!!!"
Well, that only leaves one place . . .back where the cold nipped me this morning, at Joleen's house.
(At this point an incredible urge overcomes me to beat my head against the wall).
"Stupid, stupid, stupid!!"
"The ONE thing you need, the ONE thing you were actually questioned if you had, and what do you, my
pitifully small-brained creature do?"
'Sigh'
So much for my driving lesson, so much for the Great Event of the Day.
Aw, it wasn't all that important after all, and we all forget stuff. . .
Yeah. Right.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid . . .. "
This morning the cold bit me awake, and I mean it bit hard! You see, I was sleeping in a tent, and covered
only by a mere two blankets. Well, I tried hiding from the cold for about an hour by hiding beneath my
scant defense. The cold won.
So up I got.
Rushing, rushing. Combing hair. Trying not to wear my coffee. Grabbing things together...must be ready
in 20 minutes!
How is it that when we hurry, the only thing we forget is that which we need most? I think Murphy must
have something to do with it. . .
Rushing, rushing. Time to go . . .NOW!
OK, OK, relax will ya?!
"Yes, I have my driving permit here, some place (muttered under my breath). . .yes; I'm all ready to go. "
Good.
7 hours later. . .
.. .find me in a less harried state of mind. A few hours of computer, a perhaps a bit of reading have
occupied my time.
But now it is time to get ready to go to Today's Great Event—my driving lesson.
A sedate me contemplates the long journey to the next room, to gather my things for the Great Event.
"Ah me, I guess I'd better get my permit in my purse, it's a long dozen steps to get it, but it must be done
sometime."
"Sigh."
A reluctant me makes the pilgrimage.
Suddenly, my serene thoughts are shattered.
Clothes, books, make-up find themselves at my mercy, and indeed, I have none.
"WHERE IS MY PURSE????!!!!"
"Arrg!"
"Wait a second, calm down; think clearly now, where might it have got too? There's no sense in loosing
you cool. Now rationalize a bit here: very rare are the cases of walking purses, and the dogs would have
torn up any thieves that may have intruded the house. "
The little light bulb in my head flashed on for a brief moment.
"Hey! Maybe I left it someplace!"
"Ok, OK, ah, let me think here, where might that be? "
"Hmm. . ."
"Oh, maybe Dad's truck! "
So I call him. It wasn't there.
"AHHHHHHHH!!!"
Well, that only leaves one place . . .back where the cold nipped me this morning, at Joleen's house.
(At this point an incredible urge overcomes me to beat my head against the wall).
"Stupid, stupid, stupid!!"
"The ONE thing you need, the ONE thing you were actually questioned if you had, and what do you, my
pitifully small-brained creature do?"
'Sigh'
So much for my driving lesson, so much for the Great Event of the Day.
Aw, it wasn't all that important after all, and we all forget stuff. . .
Yeah. Right.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid . . .. "

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home